Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Protect your dream

I was so excited. I would have a chance to have a coaching session with one of the legends in the writing industry in our country. She was very famous in the freelancing world.
I feel so lucky. Then we discuss what I do. I asked tips on what are the things I need to look into as an aspiring writer.
I was so amazed hearing her give me tips and pointers. I can barely take note of what she was saying.
Then she asked what I do at the moment. I was so excited about telling her about what I have achieved on my page.
The things I have accomplished. Then  I heard one of the saddest lines coming from her.
She said, "What is your purpose?" "Why do you do what you do?"
I said, "I wanted to be able to provide for my kids, being a single mom and all." and she answered, "Well, you ain't gonna earn doing the workshop. There's no money there."
My heart sank. I felt I was swallowed by a void. I fell into oblivion.
My dreams were shattered somehow.
I love teaching. I love interacting with people who come asking for help. I found my calling in that workshop. I was even thinking of putting up an agency so I can assist them after they completed the workshop.
Everything was planned and then it all felt nothing.
I was devastated quite upset. It made me confused. How is it that what I love the most doing can be wrong?
Then I decided to consult my mindset coach. I told her everything.
I almost cry and she was calm she said "Stop love. One thing you need to do is PROTECT YOUR DREAM".
I cried hearing this. I never felt so relieved. Felt like an angel had taken me into her arms. 
Iknow it sounds too much but she was right. I have to protect my dream. I got everything planned out. Who are they to say what we can dream or not?
Who are they to say what we can't do?
Now I understand that in fulfilling my dreams we will encounter people like this. I am now prepared and ready to take on the challenge.
Next time I will hear someone tells me I can't do it or not make it. I'll close my eyes, put my hand on my chest smile and say.."watch me"

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Place

I remember it very clearly, almost as if it had happened just yesterday. It was 9pm but still, through the windows of my aunt’s car, I coul...